About the Embassy
The Dar es Salaam Mission Charter is designed in line with the Uganda Ministry of Foreign Affairs five year Strategic Plan 2017/18-2019/20 and takes cognisance of the strategic importance of Tanzania in terms of promotion of investment, trade and tourism, strengthening the East African Community (EAC) integration process and Uganda's national security interests. The Mission also handles regional bodies including, the East African Community (EAC) and the Common Market for East and Southern Africa (COMESA). In addition to contributing to the realization of the above mentioned areas of policy focus, the Mission also promotes, enhances and sustains a positive image of Uganda in Tanzania and the region. In particular, Dar es Salaam Mission is tasked with implementing the following:
- Promote peace and security between Uganda and Tanzania.
- Promote Uganda's exports, investment opportunities, education facilities and tourism/cultural attractions.
- Mobilize bilateral and multilateral resources for the Development of Uganda.
- Promote the EAC Regional Cooperation and integration process.
- Provide diplomatic, protocol and consular services in Tanzania.
- Mobilize and empower the Ugandans in Tanzania for development.
- Identify develop and maintain Uganda government properties in Tanzania.
- Recommend the appointment of Honorary Consuls for Uganda in non-resident countries of accreditation.